Friday 28 October 2011

Beg for Mercy (Cambion #1)Beg for Mercy by Shannon Dermott

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Beg for Mercy by Shannon Dermott

I found I really enjoyed this book, I liked all the characters and I really enjoyed the writing style of Shannon Dermott. This is a series I will keep my eye on.

In the beginning of the book we are introduced to Mercy who is a teenage Succubus, Mercy doesn’t know much about being a Succubus because her mother won’t talk about it. After a bad experience with a boy and her first kiss, Mercy knows her mother is right she needs to stay away from boys.

One night her friend Maggie convinces Mercy that they should go to a party where all the popular seniors will be hanging out, and this leads to Mercy sitting around playing a game of spin the bottle. Turmoil inside of her when she realizes the bottle has stopped and is pointing at her and to her horror the boy besides jumps in grabs her and plants a kiss right on her lips. In a panic she runs out of the room, so worried about what she may have done only to find out a few minutes later the boy is fine.

This moment is when she starts to wonder and realizes she needs to question her mother more. Can she have a boyfriend???

Now Mercy has a boyfriend, Mercy is going to have a step brother and her best friend Paul is looking at her different. She meets a few werewolves and a young man named Sebastian who she is not quite she what he is.

Throughout this book the internal struggles and dialogues she has with herself and her inner Succubus is great. You actually start to feel bad for her, trying to figure out if it's her or the Succubus.

This was a fantastic story, I think its better then a love triangle type of story because Mercy is just coming into herself a young woman and a succubus. In the end, I believe she lets go of the one she loves to protect his soul. But I am hoping that they somehow they get reunited in book two.

I would recommend this story to anyone who likes to read y/paranormal romances types of books. I cannot wait for Waiting for Mercy (Cambion #2).




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment