Wednesday 9 November 2011

VisionsVisions by Anna James

My rating: 3 1/2 of 5 stars

Vision’s is a short novel about a woman named Prudence (Pru); we are first introduced to her waking up after having a nightmare of a brutal murder. She doesn’t understand why she keeps having this reoccurring dream.

Prudence has just found out on her mother’s death bed that she was adopted and her parents are both deceased, their lives ending very tragically.

Travelling to her home town of Salem, Massachusetts she enters her childhood home, she immediately starts having visions and experiences some very loving scenes of what she believes are of her parents. Not understanding how this loving couple could have been the two people she was told about and how their life’s ended in murder/suicide. Totally confused about what she is experiences she questions the idea of her father killing her mother.

Then we are introduced to her handsome police officer neighbour, he also tries to fill her in on the facts of the mystery of what happened in this house so many years ago.

This is a murder/mystery/romance all wrapped up in about 57 pages.

The writing of Anna James is good, the story is fast paced, well written and the story flows well.

I have rated the book around a 3.5 as the story is good and I enjoyed it, the only downfall was that it was a bit too short/fast and some of the romance happened at a speed I would say unbelievable but one could hope. The romance between these two are well written and felt very sensual. Great writing.

This is the first book I’ve read by Anna James and her writing is of good quality and I will look into her other books.

I would recommend this book to my friends especially if they would like to read a fast paced novel.


View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. saw your post on Goodreads :) I liked the review and I'm a new follower to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Maghon, I am glad you liked the review and thanks for following me.

    ReplyDelete