DARKNESS CALLING (Primani #5)
by Laurie Olerich
Dark Urban Fantasy Romance
Published on March 5th, 2015
ad infinitum: endlessly, forever, without limit
Finally freed from a century in purgatory, former-wild child Aisling just wants to raise her son and live as a normal human again. Her taste of freedom is cut short the moment her past comes to claim her. There’s one reason she was exiled, and his name is Cain. With him, there was only darkness, and the angels help her, she liked it that way. Now he’s back, and his commands are simple. Stay away from Sean or else. But when he threatens to take her son, she turns to the one man who can save them both. Sean.
Sean is sick and tired of his baby mama’s hateful attitude. Her mood swings give him whiplash, and he’s seriously thinking of strangling her. But when a brutal old enemy shows up to destroy everyone Sean loves, he discovers Aisling is hiding more than her feelings for him.
Joining forces to protect their son, Sean and Aisling set out on a journey that leads them from the city streets of Manhattan to the elegant hotels of Vienna to the final terrifying showdown in the bowels of Rome.
The first book in the series, Primani, is currently FREE!
Scooping her up, Sean urged, “Come on, baby. We need to move.”
With that warning, he tucked her close and flashed them backwards. The turret tumbled into a pile of dusty debris. The hotel’s alarm system went ballistic.
“Holy fuck! Look what we did!” She couldn’t help stating the obvious. She was too surprised to believe it.
They’d broken the building. Not a bed. No. They broke the damn building. Shit. Someone was going to be pissed. With her arms around Sean’s neck, she dropped a kiss on his cheek. God, he was sexy as friggin’ hell. Scruffy shadow on his jaw, eyes blue as the ocean again, and his muscles rippling from carrying her butt around... Yeah. HOT! Not to mention the extra helping of testosterone that not only made him Stamina Man but made him hard again already.
Reaching down to fondle the velvety heat, she felt the sticky reminder of what they’d just done. “Seriously, did our orgasm just break this building?”
Grinning like a naughty little boy, he wagged his head in disbelief. “I always wondered what would happen if we fucked in combat mode. This is the first time for me. Intense.” Dipping his head, he caught one of her nipples in his mouth and mumbled around it, “Let’s do it again. I’m still burning up.”
She wrapped her fist around his cock and nearly swooned at the instant hardness. God, she’d missed fucking.
Chuckling in her ear, he murmured, “Don’t worry. There’s no daily limit.”
“Don’t you want a shower? I feel like I smell.”
Still carrying her, he moved further away from the debris. “You do. You smell like a woman who’s just been thoroughly fucked by a man who’d give his left nut to do it again.”
Hefting her higher, he caught her mouth in a long, slow kiss that stole her breath away. When he let her up for air, she dabbed at his bottom lip, and said, “Keep your nuts. This one’s on the house.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Laurie Olerich is the author of the urban fantasy romance series Primani. She loves to create guilty pleasures full of exciting locations, roller coaster action, strong, quirky heroines, and steaming hot heroes who’ll raise the temperature in any room you’re in! Paranormal romance? Check! Urban fantasy? Check! Romantic suspense? Check! Her Primani series combines the best of the three. When not plotting, writing, or fantasizing about her next hero, she’s planning parties, traveling the world, and spending lazy nights with her son, her Dal pals, and friends. Laurie spent most of her life in the Northeastern United States and in Germany. She now lives in San Antonio, Texas, with her son and Dalmatian duo, Domino and Rambo. Before throwing caution to the wind and diving into a writing career, Laurie dedicated 20 years to a career spent around men with guns and cool toys...this explains her obsession with both!
Top Ten Best Things about Being an Author
10. Staring into space is considered “research.”
9. A pub can double as office space.
8. Standing in an endless line at the airport is a people watching event filled with potential inspiration. Ditto for any previously boring errand and/or social occasion!
7. A trip to Europe is a tax write off. So are rope, duct tape, and handcuffs...
6. Childhood nightmares become awesome plot twists. No need to pay for therapy!
5. Old boyfriends can be killed off without jail time. More than once if they were really bad.
4. Annoying bosses, coworkers, and neighbors get eaten first when the zombies, demons, or other monsters show up.
3. Amazing people suddenly find me interesting. This always surprises me!
2. Hearing voices in my head is perfectly normal. No crazy here!
1. The number one best thing about being an author? Meeting readers who quote characters from my books! How cool is that? Bringing escape and excitement to other people is the absolutely best part of my life!
One lucky winner is going to take home:
• Swag bag
• E-copies of Call the Lightning, Stone Angels and Broken Souls by Laurie Olerich